Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome JA 7 to Mrs. Chava’s Science Class:



I hope that you had a wonderful summer with your family and friends. I am looking forward for an exciting year with my new JA 7 group. This year we will focus mainly on Earth Science and Environmental Science. We will study about scientific methods, metric measurement, what is happening inside the restless Earth, plate tectonics, earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. Later in the semester, Astronomy will be our focal point. We will finish the semester by studying about Ecology and ecosystems. During the semester, students will have an opportunity to do various projects to exhibit their ideas using their talent and creativity.


SUPPLIES REQUIRED FOR MRS. CHAVA’S CLASS:

Two spiral notebooks, blue/black pens, pencils, erasers, and highlighters. Color pencils and markers are optional. Every student should bring a ream of paper and a tissue box.

 Donations: I appreciate any volunteers to donate supplies to my classroom any time during the semester.

 GRADING CATEGORIES:

 Homework – 25%

Tests/Quizzes – 25%

Notes/Projects/Presentations – 20%

Labs & Activities – 15%

Class Participation – 15%


I am eagerly waiting to meet my students on Monday in Room # 5.

No comments: