Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome to Academy Physical Science Class:


I hope that you had a wonderful summer with your family and friends. I am looking forward for an exciting year with my new Physical Science group. This group will focus on learning that emphasizes conceptual understanding, student participation and responsibility. We will study about motion and its causes, work power and energy, heat and temperature, simple machines, forces in solids, liquids, and gases, engines for air and space flight, science of musical sounds, thermal energy and heat, optics and optical instruments, chemical bonds, radioactivity, etc. During the semester, students will have an opportunity to do various projects to exhibit their ideas using their talent and creativity.


SUPPLIES REQUIRED FOR MRS. CHAVA’S CLASS:

 Two spiral notebooks, blue/black pens, pencils, erasers, and highlighters. Color pencils and markers are optional. Every student should bring a ream of paper and a tissue box.

 Donations: I appreciate any volunteers to donate supplies to my classroom any time during the semester.

GRADING CATEGORIES:

 Homework – 25%

Tests/Quizzes – 25%

Notes/Projects/Presentations – 20%

Labs & Activities – 15%

Class Participation – 15%


I am eagerly waiting to meet my students on Monday in Room # 5.

No comments: